Photographic Art by Kirsteen Titchener, UK
I’d like to invite you to explore my developing portfolio of photographic art images. I am a self taught artist and my work involves combining large numbers of photographs using digital editing techniques to create the final piece. All the elements used to create a piece are photographs I have taken myself in my studio or on my travels.
Inspiration comes from many places but nature, self reflection and my previous career as a psychologist are frequently strong influences.
One of my key motivations is to create images that are intriguing; perhaps sparking a conversation or inspiring self-reflection in a quiet moment.
Recognition & Publications
- The Societies of Photographers – Gold Award – Pictorial & Fine Art (2017)
- The International Photography Awards (IPA) – Honorable Mention (2017)
- Fine Art Photography Awards (FAPA) nominee – 2017
- Pictorial and Fine Art Photographer of the Year nominee – The Societies of Photographers (2016) – Runner Up
- Photographer of the Year Nominee – The Societies of Photographers (2016)
- The International Photography Awards (IPA) – Honorable Mention (2016)
- The Societies of Photographers Gold Awards – x2 (2016)
- PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris Honorable Mention – x2 (2015)
- The Societies of Photographers – Gold Award (2015)
- Photographer of the Year Nominee – The Societies of Photographers (2014)
- 2017 – The Royal Photographic Society Visual Art Magazine, Cover and 5 page artist feature.
- 2017 – ArtsyShark featured artist
- 2015 – Western Morning News Sunday Supplement, artist feature.
- Group Exhibition – The Royal Society Visual Art Members’ Print Exhibition 2017
- Group Exhibition – ‘Through Our Lens’ Women In Photography Exhibition 2017